[hibernate-dev] Minor issues/questions about Hibernate Core/ORM documentation

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 03:50:44 EST 2012

I've uploaded the 4.0.1.Final documentatation to http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/4.0/.

Maybe this was already discussed but, should the switch from "core" to "orm" affect the URL for the 4.0 documentation (i.e., http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/4.0/)?

Also, I noticed that http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/core/ points to 3.6.9.Final docs. Should it point to http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/4.0/ (or http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/4.0/)?

I ended up using the documentation downloaded from the SourceForge distribution because I got errors when I tried to build the Javadoc from the 4.0.1 tag using "gradle javadoc":

/NotBackedUp/gbadner/git/hibernate-core-master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/metamodel/source/annotations/HibernateDotNames.java:109: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable DotName
location: interface org.hibernate.metamodel.source.annotations.HibernateDotNames
        DotName ACCESS_TYPE = DotName.createSimple( AccessType.class.getName() );

What command should be used to build Javadoc?

I also noticed that the Javadoc includes test classes. It would be nice to exclude those.

I really liked how convenient it was to be able to just copy the contents of the documentation directory from the distribution into the staging directory for rsync-ing. The only change I had to make after copying was to change hem/en to hem/en-US. I haven't looked into this, but I imagine that would be an easy thing to fix.

Should I create Jira issues for any of these?

Regards,
Gail