[hibernate-dev] forced pushes

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 24 10:48:14 EST 2012

Do not use --force with git push when pushing to any of the GitHub
hosted hibernate repos.  GitHub does not allow us to disable or
otherwise limit its use.

However, we are now able to see when someone does a forced push.  From
this point forward we will be removing write access to anyone doing
forced pushes.  This sounds harsh, but we just wasted all morning
recovering from forced pushes as we are trying to get ready for
tomorrows releases.  We just don't have time to keep dealing with these.

Thanks.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org