[hibernate-dev] JPA 2.1 progress

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 17 09:06:47 EDT 2012

On Tue 17 Jul 2012 07:57:02 AM CDT, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> Thanks for the info. I was missing this info and it gives "composite index" a different meaning as well.
> In the composite index is there a way to only query for annotation of a given module? Say we get a composite index
> and are supposed to build the configuration. In our code we can just get for example all named queries by getting the corresponding
> annotations from the index. If you have a composite index you might have to consider whether the class hosting the annotation is
> part of the persistence unit you are processing.

2 things:
1) JBoss is not just handling us an uber-index.  They are handing us a
composite index that is comprised of all the modules that are part of
the classpath for that deployment.
2) We are not driving our processing based on this index.  We drive our
process based on the notion of "managed classes" which is the combo of
scanning and explicit naming.  That part has not changed. So the only
way we process too many classes is if we have processed too many
classes in the past.

> That's what I have in mind as well. Basically what I tried to outline.

Ok, but one point is that having this OverrideIndex may not be enough.
As Strong points out, a consideration here is the concept of
<metadata-complete/>.  Consider a class with no annotations, that is
mapped via orm.xml...

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org