[hibernate-dev] @Spatials

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 1 11:03:26 EDT 2012

On 1 June 2012 14:49, Nicolas Helleringer <nicolas.helleringer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on the programatic mapping of HSEARCH-923 (spatial support) and
> I had to implements @Spatials for
> @Spatial as @Fields is to @Field
>
> Emmanuel checked my work on my gtihub repo and some questions raised we
> would like to share with you :
>
> - Is @Spatials the right name for such a property ? It mimics @Fields but
> it does not feels right.
> Emmanuel proposes @Spatial.List (which I am not fond of, sorry) but it is
> against Hibernate coding habits

Literally with a "." dot in the middle of the annotation?

Besides, I don't like the "Spatial" name at all when applied to a
field/property. It is a good name for the concept, and could make a
good modifier, but in my interpretation it doesn't associate with an
entity attribute.

@SpatialValue ?

But consider my opinion worth less than the traditional 2cents as I
have no experience with spatial technology, so my interpretation might
be far off than what people of the field might be used to deal with.