[hibernate-dev] master and metamodel branches

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 5 08:32:31 EDT 2012

I want to start discussing a plan to integrate the master and metamodel
branches together.

One point of discussion is whether we want to pull master over on to
metamodel on a regular basis or whether we want to just wait until the
"very end" and do a single painful integration.  I did some searches and
found quite a few recommendations for ongoing integration; however, they
all specifically mentioned merges over rebasing.

Another point of discussion is merging test and matrix back together.  I
specifically asked this on StackOverflow to get other perspectives on
it:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888724/merging-content-of-2-directories-on-separate-git-branches-and-integrating-branch
  Still not sure of the right answer there if we decide to go for the
one-big integration event.  If we do decide to move to regular
integrations from master to metamodel then I think we should merge test
and matrix back together immediately and do an integration.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org