[hibernate-dev] master and metamodel branches

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 5 11:27:48 EDT 2012

If we merge (not rebase) then we should be fine to do it without
everyone having to push first.  So lets set a time for this to happen.
I really want to hold off branching for JPA 2.1 implementation work
until this happens, so the sooner the better.  Tomorrow (6/5)?

Out of curiosity, why 2 merges?

That brings up whether we use rebase to integrate metamodel back into
master whenever we are ready.  In my experience (based on pull requests
with merges of master) the rebase is really smart about weeding out
merge commits.  Or do we just live with the merge commits on the main
code line?

Also, we should discuss branching 4.1 and moving metamodel to master.
I think that is really the situation we have now (only bug fixes on
master, feature dev on metamodel).