[hibernate-dev] SQLServer getLimitString() refactoring

Demetz, Guenther Guenther.Demetz at wuerth-phoenix.com
Wed Jun 6 10:50:06 EDT 2012

Hi Łukasz,

does there already exist a pull-request or patch in regard so that it's possible to take a look at how it's implemented and test it?

Beside of this, in my opinion we should pay attention to not get SQLServer2005Dialect#getLimitString method to complex.
Already now there are lots of string-operations executed when transforming the original query.
And you know: the more complex a function becomes, the more likely it becomes affect to further bugs.
In my opinion on rather complex queries (like the one of Quincy Leung) the user should issue directly a native-sql for his concrete database
as we cannot expect the dialect coping with everything imaginable.

best regards
Guenther D.