[hibernate-dev] SQLServer getLimitString() refactoring

Demetz, Guenther Guenther.Demetz at wuerth-phoenix.com
Fri Jun 8 02:48:52 EDT 2012

Hi Łukasz,

>> 1. Maybe we could select columns without alias by number instead of adding "pageN" alias?

Yes, that would be really nice, but I really doubt if SQL Server supports such syntax in the SELECT clause.

>>2. As you mentioned, AS is optional keyword.

Yes, in fact pull-request 349 does also properly handle such aliases (=aliases not preceded by the 'AS' keyword).
But on the other hand I don't know if it's really worth to also handle this eventuality.
What's your opinion about?

regards
Guenther Demetz