[hibernate-dev] org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.CollectionBinder#buildOrderByClauseFromHql

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jun 15 17:00:20 EDT 2012

All, I need some help interpreting the code in
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.CollectionBinder#buildOrderByClauseFromHql

git annotate is showing me as the author though I know for sure I am
not, so I am not sure who to ask...

I am addressing the problem of order by fragments and joined subclasses.
  There are 2 forms of buildOrderByClauseFromHql, one for collections of
entities and one for collections of components.  I basically gutted the
one for collections of entities.  I am not sure what to do with the one
for collections of components.  I commented it out and all the tests
pass, but my guess is that there is simply not tests testing what that
code is supposed to be doing.  And unfortunately the method has pretty
high complexity but no comments explaining what is going on.

Anyone able to help with what this method is supposed to do?

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org