[hibernate-dev] Hibernate.next version and AS 7.2 community release...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 12:01:25 EDT 2012

I'm going to look at improving the AS7 boot time for JPA applications as
part of the AS 7.2 release (perhaps for the first 7.2 alpha if
possible).  I'll collect more details about the improvements that I want
to make (with regard to were we are spending excessive time for
deployments that need improving as I learn more about them from Jason).

As part of this effort for the AS 7.2 release, I may come up with
Hibernate improvements/issues (in
persistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory()) that would be
good to include changes for.  I think that now is a good time for a
discussion of what Hiberate ORM version should be included in AS 7.2.  I
hope that it is a release higher than 4.1.4 (so that we can make further
Hibernate ORM improvements).

I think another requirement for the Hibernate release that we integrate
into AS 7.2, is that it be compatible with the project stack expected to
work with AS 7.2 (Seam 2.3, Spring, Infinispan 2lc integration, other
Hibernate portfolio projects, customer applications).  This will be
important when the AS 7.2 changes are merged into a product branch.

Scott