[hibernate-dev] [search] Purpose of FullTextSharedSessionBuilder

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 27 05:52:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

Sanne and I started a discussion around FullTextSharedSessionBuilder as part of HSEARCH-1169 [1]
and its corresponding pull request #308.

The pull request exposes FullTextSharedSessionBuilder in the public FullTextSession API. My question to begin with
is why we need FullTextSharedSessionBuilder in the first place? It offers hardly (if any at all) benefits. I suggest we even remove
this interface rather than exposing it in FullTextSession.

Thoughts?

--Hardy

[1] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-1169
[2] https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/pull/308