[hibernate-dev] [search] Purpose of FullTextSharedSessionBuilder

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 27 07:16:19 EDT 2012

On Jun 27, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> To reiterate what I've commented in the pull requests, I think it's
> nice to have and properly fits the goal for a flawless integration
> with the Hibernate ORM APIs.

I don't see a flaw in the integration as it is.
AFAIKS, all we gain with FullTextSharedSessionBuilder is that builder#openSession returns a FullTextSession instead of a Session.
The cost for this are two more classes FullTextSharedSession and FullTextSharedSessionBuilderDelegator which are basically just full
of noop operations. Easy to maintain maybe, but also easier to understand?

> and it's already there.

That's really a weak argument. Are you implying just because something is written in code it makes sense it needs to be kept around?

> +1 to keep it.

-1 from me

--Hardy