[hibernate-dev] Natural ids and inheritance

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 1 07:16:01 EST 2012

(articlenumber) is already unique.  So what is the point of
(articlenumber,cartonId)?

Your description and proposed fix of HHH-7113 all centered around
choosing the "right persister" to use for cache keys, so I naturally
assumed the problem was due to the unsupported way you were defining the
natural ids.  If the bug exists even with correctly defined natural ids
then we will get it fixed.

I don't understand what you are getting at with your (2).  Caching
should be using the root persister of the hierarchy for cache keys.  But
if you feel there is a bug, open a JIRA *with a test case*.

Thanks