[hibernate-dev] release

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 8 04:27:27 EST 2012

On Mar 8, 2012, at 4:54 AM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> Can anyone point me to the definitive page detailing docs.jboss.org
> access?  Thanks.

What do you mean with access? If you got your ssh key setup you should have access.
If you ask on how to best get the documentation uploaded, I answer rsync. It is by far the fastest in my experience.
See also https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ReleasingHibernateValidator

Assuming you have the documentation locally within a directory called docs (containing devguide, javadocs, manual and
quickstart; I am assuming the same structure as I can see here http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/4.1), the command would be

rsync -rv  --delete --protocol=28 docs/ hibernate at filemgmt.jboss.org:/docs_htdocs/hibernate/core/4.1

(note the trailing slash for docs/ and no slash after 4.1.

For updating symbolic links into the stable directory I sftp onto the machine. See https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ReleasingHibernateValidator.

--Hardy