[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM 4.1.1 release - Undocumented behavior change in Optimistic Versioning ?

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Mar 9 10:06:05 EST 2012

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/3.5/reference/en-US/html_single/#collections-indexedbidirectional

Though:
1) Reading back through that section its not really clearly stated.
2) Later work to "fold in" the annotation mappings seems to have
completely dropped this unclearly stated point.

Essentially what the section is trying to say is that if the child
defines an attribute that is the map key (or list index) from the
parent collection perspective, the collection can still be inverse
(non-owning).  which totally makes sense, if you think it through.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org