[hibernate-dev] zanata

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 12 23:15:59 EDT 2012

1. upload pot/po to zanata
2.1 dev like normal balabala
2.2 translation happens on zanata server and / or local

before release :
3. snyc local with git like normal (git pull / push)
4. upload local pot/po to zanata (ask for a server merge, since the translation could happens on both side, local directly change and zanata web interface, we need to get them merged)
5. download pot/po from zanata
6. git push
7. build / tag / release

the key feature missing of zanata is it is a standalone system, no integration with current git system, we must do the snyc work manually to keep it update to date with our git controlled repo.
and this makes our release process much more complicated.
Best Regards,

Strong Liu <stliu at hibernate.org>
http://about.me/stliu/bio

On Mar 12, 2012, at 11:25 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> I am not understanding how we get changes into our Git-controlled POT/PO files to do community releases.

zanata server only stores pot / po, so, if we updated doc, we need to regen pot/po and upload again, the server will take care of the merge.