[hibernate-dev] byteman

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 19 15:10:05 EDT 2012

Hi Steve,
I guess who tested this was on OsX, and you are not.

Byteman requires the tools.jar from the JDK on it's classpath to be
able to load the agent dynamically (i.e. not require the agent to be
defined on the JVM boot parameters).
The tool.jar happens to be on the classpath by default when run on
Macs, but is not on Linux.

With Hibernate Search (Maven) we have it setup like:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/blob/master/hibernate-search-orm/pom.xml#L157

Using a profile to detect where the jar is (end of the same file)

Sanne