[hibernate-dev] byteman

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 19 16:53:38 EDT 2012

On Mar 19, 2012, at 8:10 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> I guess who tested this was on OsX, and you are not.

I wonder who that could be :-) I was not aware of this side of using Byteman and
as Sanna says, it works just fine for me.

> With Hibernate Search (Maven) we have it setup like:
> https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/blob/master/hibernate-search-orm/pom.xml#L157
>
> Using a profile to detect where the jar is (end of the same file)

Hmm, that is a little more involved than I was hoping for. I still think that having Byteman might be useful for
other tests as well (even though we would need a way to unify the two JUnit runners).

We have two options:

1. Drop the last commit I made for HHH-6271. This commit introduces byteman and could just be removed
2. Work out how to do the profile equivalent in Gradle to make sure tools.jar is on the classpath.

Thoughts?

--Hardy