[hibernate-dev] upgrade to gradle 1.0-m9

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 21 10:12:48 EDT 2012

On Wed 21 Mar 2012 09:04:28 AM CDT, Strong Liu wrote:
> m9 doesn't causes the new problem, it just does not fix it. the issue exists in m8 as well.

I dont have build hangs on documentation with m8a...

> and since the changes (lots of deprecated methods were removed in this m9 release)  I made will be  needed even we wait for CR, and then we have to take resource to do this again

Sure, but most likely CR will introduce the need for even more changes.
 This is the problem with constant micro-upgrading.  Its the reason I
waited so long to upgrade off m3.

> but anyway, it is your call

Can the changes you made still be run with my local m8a install?  If
not, I'd rather wait for CR1.  In which case, I'd say to keep your
changes branched-away, we can use that as the starting point when they
do CR1.

If you have the changes to make the manual documentation name-spaced as
a seperate commit, I'd say lets apply that now even.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org