[hibernate-dev] Memory consumption

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu May 10 06:49:16 EDT 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 12:32 PM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> Also how do you come to the conclusion that hibernate ORM + Search take twice as much memory? I can't seem to follow your reasoning based on the pics you have sent.
> As Sanne point out, Configuration, JavaReflectionManager, FullTextIndexEventListener exist in both versions. It's unclear to me why they don't show up.

To take the same line as Sanne and Emmanuel, I don't think that these screenshot in itself are very helpful yet. It would be important to understand the footprint better and
follow the references to see what exactly is going on.

> The size of SerializableValidatorFactory could indeed be due to what Scott was pointing to as Hibernate Validator was caching too aggressively.

Maybe. The symptoms look similar.It would be useful to get more information about the application in general, e.g. what type (ear/war), number of persistence units, etc
Also is this screenshot taken right after startup? Or after some load was created? To test the Validator theory you can try to replace the Hibernate Validator version
in the modules/org/hibernate/validator/main of your AS installation with the latest 4.3 release - 4.3.0.Final https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;quick~hibernate-validator

--Hardy