[hibernate-dev] Interceptor question

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri May 11 11:54:39 EDT 2012

Really? I would argue differently.

Let's take the blog example where I only want to index blog entries which are
published. Adding the interceptor and relying on automatic indexing will not index un-published entries. Great.
If I, however, want/ have to re-index my blog entries via the API  the interceptor does not apply? Why?

IMO the interceptor has to apply for automatic index updates as well as explicit index request. Conceptually
(for a user) there is no difference between explicitly calling FulltextSession#index or auto-indexing. That's
exactly the type of confusion the user on the forum experienced.

I think we should change this behavior.

--Hardy