[hibernate-dev] Memory consumption

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu May 17 15:18:00 EDT 2012

Sanne, the "problem" discussed here is not the size of the statements
nor the number of rows returned.  Its the number of statements
generated and maintained in memory by Hibernate.

Thats being said, I wholeheartedly agree about people trying extremes
as the solution to a problem.  An extreme is rarely ever the best
solution.  In your example, I'd have opted for subselect fetching
however (or maybe even batch fetching) over select fetching.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org