[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Neo4J support (was: Transaction-aware)

Pawel Kozlowski pkozlowski.opensource at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:11:24 EDT 2012

Hi!

I was looking into Hibernate OGM for few weeks already and I really
like the project: I think it might help people familiar with JPA to
dive into NoSQL.
Personally I was exploring OGM as a JPA interface to store objects in
git (JGit) but I'm still waiting for permission from my work to push
the code, so can't publish it yet :-(

Anyway, I'm also looking into Neo4J for other use-case and OGM could
be quite a nice fit for Neo4J. I've mentioned it on the list already:

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Ok JTA should be easy with Neo4J. I'm not aware of anybody already
> working on it, feel free to take the lead on this!

and it looks like no-one else is working on this topic so I would be
happy to give it a try. How one would go about it in practice?

I guess I should start with opening a New Feature JIRA entry, forking
the OGM repo on github, start hacking around and discussing things on
this list, but if there are any particular practicalities before
starting would be glad to know.

Cheers,
Pawel