[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Neo4J support (was: Transaction-aware)

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri May 18 11:28:18 EDT 2012

Hi Pawel,

On 18 May 2012 16:11, Pawel Kozlowski <pkozlowski.opensource at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was looking into Hibernate OGM for few weeks already and I really
> like the project: I think it might help people familiar with JPA to
> dive into NoSQL.
> Personally I was exploring OGM as a JPA interface to store objects in
> git (JGit) but I'm still waiting for permission from my work to push
> the code, so can't publish it yet :-(
>
> Anyway, I'm also looking into Neo4J for other use-case and OGM could
> be quite a nice fit for Neo4J. I've mentioned it on the list already:
>
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>
>> Ok JTA should be easy with Neo4J. I'm not aware of anybody already
>> working on it, feel free to take the lead on this!
>
> and it looks like no-one else is working on this topic so I would be
> happy to give it a try. How one would go about it in practice?
>
> I guess I should start with opening a New Feature JIRA entry, forking
> the OGM repo on github, start hacking around and discussing things on
> this list, but if there are any particular practicalities before
> starting would be glad to know.

That's correct, please fork it, and try hacking together a prototype
so we have a starting point ;-) Of course you'll have questions,
you're welcome tu use this mailing list or IRC.

Some more information is on the Wiki; see especially
https://community.jboss.org/en/hibernate/ogm

And while the following link is related to Hibernate Search, it has
some guidelines about how the patches and tests should be:
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ContributingToHibernateSearch

(I guess I should copy that over to OGM, or reorganize it in a common area)

Most of these Wiki pages are relatively new; you're welcome to edit
them, and add details you might get from us / looking at the code
which you think should have been there.

Last step, you should sign the contributor agreement for the Hibernate
project at cla.jboss.org; you could wait for your work approval to
sign a corporate one, or you can just sign a personal one. (you can
sign the other as well later).

Cheers,
Sanne