[hibernate-dev] metamodel work

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri May 18 13:27:41 EDT 2012

Just a heads up of a few things for those of us working on the metamodel
branch.

1) I just added the ability to have legacy-style HBM mappings parse
properly using the JaxbHelper.  This is awesome because it allows us to
keep the test mappings as-is for the time being and use them in both the
older Configuration approach or the new metamodel approach, which is
awesome in conjunction with...
2) Better passing of command-line system props to tests.  I changed the
gradle script a little bit to pass any command line argument system
property (-D) that starts with 'hibernate.' along to the process used to
run the tests.  So now, for example, specifying
`-Dhibernate.test.new_metadata_mappings=true` on the gradle command line
actually gets that setting passed along to the tests as a system property.
3) Maybe this is useful in testing, maybe it isnt but a related change
made along with (1) was the ability to disable XML validation.  The
setting that controls this is 'hibernate.xml.validate' (default = true).

Next week I will start focusing on running the full test suite using the
new_metadata_mappings settings enabled and start working on the "gaps" I
find.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org