[hibernate-dev] metamodel work

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Fri May 18 17:51:27 EDT 2012

Hi Steve,

That's great that we can use the mapping files as-is for both -Dhibernate.test.new_metadata_mappings=true and =false settings.

There are already some tests that hard-code configuring USE_NEW_METADATA_MAPPINGS=true and that have the new-style:

 <hibernate-mapping package="org.hibernate.test.ops" xmlns="http://www.hibernate.org/xsd/hibernate-mapping"
                   xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.hibernate.org/xsd/hibernate-mapping hibernate-mapping-4.0.xsd"
                   xmlnssi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

IIRC, these tests basically duplicate older tests that use Configuration-based metadata.

With your new changes, it seems that the tests that hard-code USE_NEW_METADATA_MAPPINGS=true along with the duplicated mapping files can be removed.

If the original tests (w/o the hard-coded hard-code USE_NEW_METADATA_MAPPINGS=true) pass using -Dhibernate.test.new_metadata_mappings=true, is there a way to indicate that those tests are expected to pass when using the new metamodel?

I want to be sure that if these tests fail later using -Dhibernate.test.new_metadata_mappings=true, that we find out that a bug in the new metamodel has been introduced.

As we fix the "gaps", I would imagine we'd want to do the same with other tests that are verified to work with the new metamodel.

WDYT?

Gail