[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search Question

Christian Beikov christian.beikov at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:33:07 EDT 2012

Hello!

I just looked into the Hibernate Search source code and was wondering
why you are using hibernates criteria API instead of JPA Criteria API? I
haven't looked deeper but actually this is the reason why it can't be
used with other JPA implementations, or are there any other dependencies
to hibernate specifc code? From a performance perspective it is probably
a bad idea to use JPA Criteria API, but if no really special
dependencies to the hibernate core code are needed to make it working
why not adapting it to JPA?

I would like to help to make it usable with other JPA implementations(at
least if it is possible)!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,