[hibernate-dev] Native Lucene Facets

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Sun Nov 18 04:17:04 EST 2012

Hi Niko,

I added a couple of comments on GitHub. I think generally this is the right approach and inline
to what is outlined in HSEARCH-809.

I guess what I need to understand better is the additional functionality Lucene faceting can offer and
how we can get this into our DSL. Obviously I would like to keep our DSL stable (as much as possible)
and preferably just extend it. ATM I think not all of the Lucene functionality needs to be exposed. To a certain
degree it feels over engineered.

I think a good idea is to look at some of the Lucene faceting unit tests to see different use cases. The documentation
is quite vague in some places. For example I am not quite sure how exactly how dimensions work exactly and hence
how we can use it. I think this will determine also how @Facet(s) will work.

I will bring myself a little bit more up to date as well to provide some better feedback.

--Hardy