[hibernate-dev] OGM: question/issue with updateTuple() and embeddable objects with custom column name

Tugdual Grall tugdual at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 07:59:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am developing a new Datastore for Couchbase and have a issue/question
with the Embeddable support. Since I am new to OGM I prefer to ask the
question to the expert before login an issue. (and did not find this issue
in JIRA)

For my example I am using the model described in the Embeddable test:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/tree/master/hibernate-ogm-core/src/test/java/org/hibernate/ogm/test/embeddable

During the process of creating a new Account, with an Address OGM is
calling the updateTuple, and when the Embeddable tupe has a custom column
name.

In the Address entity I see the following code:
   @Column(name = "postal_code")
    public String getZipCode() { return zipCode; }

The updateTuple() method received the following columnName:
  postal_code

Where it should be something like:
  homeAddress.postal_code

This is what happens when the column is not renamed: homeAddress.zipCode

Could you please confirm that it is a bug? (or what I am doing wrong)

PS: I have started to dive into the code to find the source of the issue...
will continue as soon as I have the green light to enter a JIRA.

Tug the newbie