[hibernate-dev] hibernate-commons-annotations dependencies

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Oct 8 10:44:21 EDT 2012

Nothing Gradle specific here.  Not following why you say that.  He is
talking about projects including hibernate-entitymanager, which I assume
is using Maven since I believe every Hibernate sub-project is still
using Maven to build (correct me if I am wrong there).

That said, this is in fact exactly what Maven does.  It just blindly
includes all versions.  At least thats what it did in Maven 2.  I have
not played much with Maven 3.  You project, the one including
hibernate-entitymanager, controls this through <dependencyManagement/>
to name the singularized version of a dependency to pull in even across
transitive deps.  Again, thats how it used to work in Maven 2, and I
have heard of no changes in that regard for Maven 3.