[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search Spatial: Units?

Nicolas Helleringer nicolas.helleringer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:48:56 EDT 2012

> > Does `onCoordinates()` means all coordinates or simply the default one.
> If all, then
> > existing queries will break if you add an new coordinate property to an
> > entity.
>
> I would assume that empty would target the default one, as it's unnamed as
> well.

+1 Sanne

> > Also, I'm not sure there is a use case for targeting in the same query,
> > the various coordinates defined on a given entity. But I have no real
> > idea.
>
> I would be able to find a car park place to rent which is both close
> to home and office.

I like the idea too
I want to find a restaurant in the vicinity of me and my friend i am having
lunch with
What shall be weird is to have a single distance / center for multiple
locations ?
I think it is better to explicitly create two spatial restrictions and
combine them with a boolean query

>  >
> > Otherwise, I'm fairly neutral to the proposal.
>
> I'm fairly neutral too, mostly wanted to explore this way to avoid the
> extra method.

> >> About this, we should also not mention it in the docs: we're using it
> >> in most examples, excluding only the paragraph introducing the Spacial
> >> specific DSL.
> >> We also refer to it frequently in 9.6, the low level details
> >> explanation chapter.
> >
> > Damn, I thought we discussed that already to remove it from the doc. But
> > maybe it was for the unit tests.
> > If we go for the private route, we need to move those classes to an
> > `impl` package. What's weird is that I thought I did it in the past :/
>
> don't remember this but agree

ok

Niko