[hibernate-dev] [HSearch] ServiceManager and services

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Oct 12 11:20:46 EDT 2012

On Fri 2012-10-12 14:03, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> What you say makes sense, but why to we have an
> JavaSerializationSerializationProvider then?
> It's an alternative implementation which is not using Avro.
>
> AFAIK there currently is no way to select that one, hence the TODO I
> had added recently.

There are two reasons for JavaSerializationSerializationProvider:

- making sure my abstraction is decent enough for allowing several
  implementations in the future
- compare performance between Avro and Java serialization when I
  developed this thing.

You cannot choose this implementation because it's worse that the Avro
one on every levels.