[hibernate-dev] Hibernate search master build issues

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Sep 4 11:11:05 EDT 2012

Yes since that pull, which Emmanuel merged (so I guess it's working
fine for him too) it's consistently broken for me, and for our Jenkins
instances too.

I spent and hour on it yesterday but couldn't understand it. The
failure I have is HornetQ not being able to boot in AS7, then our test
fails as it depends on JMS.; It fails consistently when using the
build.sh script which forks my repository before starting the tests,
but I noticed that it occasionally doesn't fail if I run "mvn"
directly.

Running mvn directly means running the tests on an ext4 partition;
when I use the build script it actually clones to a ramfs mount;
looking at HornetQ's JIRA for issues I understood that its native
component is indeed partition-sensitive so I was about to open an
issue there... but then it started failing me on ext4 as well so I'm
back to square 1: clueless.

Still since it's AS7 failing to boot a service way before we even
start deploying our test WAR, I wouldn't blame our test... just weird
that this is broken after your test changes. Now if only you hadn't
reformatted all whitespace I would be glad to compare the files :) I
will resume the inspection later.

Cheers,
Sanne