[hibernate-dev] envers / new metamodel

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Sat Sep 8 04:19:28 EDT 2012

Hi Lukasz,

The metamodel branch makes use of Jandex which is a sort of a annotation repository/index (used also by AS). All annotated classes get added to this index. I would expect that Envers uses this as well. Either by creating its own Jandex index (probably not so good idea) or by reusing the already created index by the metamodel. The question is how you would get hold of this index. At the moment it is not passed to an integrator. We have been discussing on the list ways to achieve this, but need to make a final decision.

--hardy

On 7 Sep 2012, at 22:05, Łukasz Antoniak <lukasz.antoniak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that I am trying to migrate Envers to new
> metamodel. I have asked below question on IRC, but without any
> response. At the moment Envers locates its annotations (for example
> @Audited) using ReflectionManager. What would be the preferable way of
> achieving this in metamodel branch? Shall I use
> EntityBinding#getClassReference() method and standard reflection API?
> Just a hint, please :).
>
> Regards,
> Lukasz
>
> 2012/8/24 Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>:
>> Lukasz, as always, any help you can give is appreciated!  Whenever you have
>> time.  We have a temporary solution that will isolate needed changes to just
>> Envers.  Basically the changes at some point will be using the JAXB binding
>> model rather than DOM.
>>

>> On Fri 24 Aug 2012 01:55:55 AM CDT, Łukasz Antoniak wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Steve,
>>>
>>> I think I could start working on metamodel branch at the beginning of
>>> September. Is it acceptable for you? I don't want to postpone 4.1.7
>>> release. JIRA task has been already registered: