[hibernate-dev] problems with using jandex on metamodel

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 2 06:09:21 EDT 2013

On 2 Jan 2013, at 3:39 AM, Strong Liu <stliu at hibernate.org> wrote:

> We know that to use Jandex annotation repository, we have to add annotation classes to the Indexer explicitly first, and this already force us to list all MappedSuperClass and Embeddable classes which was not required.

Is that still true. I thought we addresses this at least for hierarchies in https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-7484. See also MetadataSources#indexClass. Nothing stops us (for good or bad) to for
example transparently add all superclasses of a specified class.

> Now I"m trying to migrate the HEM to metamodel branch and most tests are failing due to this limitation , like jpa callback listeners and tests using not-completed orm.xml

What is the exact issue and what do you mean with "tests using not-completed orm.xml "?

> well, this probably not a problem when using hibernate within a container, but SE environment, we have two options I see:
>
> 1. ask users to list all annotation classes, which will be a big migration issue and also bad usability
> 2. try to load the class using ClassLoadingService if it can not be found in the Index repository and build a new one with CompositeIndex

I guess I need to see first which tests are failing to better understand the problem.

--Hardy