[hibernate-dev] 4.1.x and HHH-8092 aka no unique constraints after 4.1.10 upgrade

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:50:15 EDT 2013

Hi Brett,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Brett Meyer <brmeyer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Guillaume, here's what I'd propose.  I'll cherry-pick the fix into the 4.1 branch.  Can you grab that from git (or I'll re-enable the 4.1 builds temporary and push out a new SNAPSHOT) and re-test?  Before I release another 4.1.x, I'd like some feedback on whether or not HHH-8092 was sufficient, or if there are other additional issues that might merit reverting the HHH-7797 change in 4.1 entirely.  In retrospect, it quickly became a big enough fix that it probably should have been kept out of 4.1 to begin with...

I agree with you that this fix should have been put only in 4.2.x and,
even if I don't find any problem with our applications with HHH-8092
applied, I must admit that I would suggest to revert the patch
entirely as it's rather invasive and I'm not sure we have found all
the problems so far.

That said, I'm not the original reporter so I'm kinda biased... No
problem to test that everything is OK for us with HHH-8092 applied and
I'll let you decide what you prefer after that.

If the patch for HHH-8092 is easy to backport, I can do it locally if
you prefer? If it's not, it might effectively be a better idea to
cherrypick it yourself and post a snapshot.

> Once that's nailed down, I don't have a problem cutting another 4.1.x release.

Nice, thanks. We had to go back to 4.1.6 at the moment as it's the
only version which works with all our projects (except for the ones
using SQL Server but we use another version specifically for these
ones).

Waiting for your feedback before working on it.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume