[hibernate-dev] improved Eclipse project support

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Apr 16 17:05:15 EDT 2013

2013/4/16 Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>

>  Well, maybe you have not seen
> https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-8140

No, I haven't. Nice, seems we agree then :)

> But really, tell me what is wrong with this "circularity"?  And try not to
> use IDEs as the justification; I mean conceptually, what is wrong with this
> "circularity".
>
> And note that i use quotes here ;)

Ah, why do I feel this will end bad for me ;)

There is nothing conceptually wrong with this circular dependency, if the
two modules actually are one "logical" module and are put into two physical
modules (one with production and one with test code) only due to some
shortcoming with a build tool. But if that's the case, then I think it's
better to actually make it one module if possible, if only to avoid
irritations :)

Also, once I start to ignore such circularities, I might miss cases where
they really are a problem, i.e. a circle between two "real" modules.