[hibernate-dev] OGM: CheckStyle and imports due to JavaDoc comments

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 1 07:51:38 EDT 2013

On Thu 2013-08-01 11:41, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
> Why? The few occasions where it happens a fully qualified class name does not hurt.
> It is not enough that it is considered bad practise and even Checkstyle for that
> reason does not allow it in the UnusedImports check?

I actually do find it does hurt to have the fqcn in the JavaDoc as
reading the JavaDoc from the source is probably 50% of the usage.

Does it hurt enough that it outweighs the possible violation? I think it
does.

Note that the author of this rule did consider it bad practice but either
wasn't sure enough or had enough backlash that he did put an option to
change the behavior :)