[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Dropping "hibernate-ogm" prefix from folder names

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 29 04:14:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'd like to remove the prefix "hibernate-ogm" from the folder names of the
OGM modules [1]. This will make navigating in a shell easier and also
aligns the structure of the code base with HSEARCH and HV. Note that this
is only about folder names, the artifact ids would stay unchanged.

If no-one objects to the change itself, my question is when it should be
done, as it may cause some work with rebasing in-flight pull requests that
add new files. Rebasing such a PR after the folder renaming will cause any
new files to be still created at the old location and thus requires some
manual work (changes to existing files are correctly applied at the new
location).

I checked the open OGM PRs and the only critical ones seem to be the ones
for OGM-208 [2], [3]. The others mostly say "do not include"; OGM-293 needs
to be reworked anyways [4]. Besides that there are two very old PRs (Redis
and Voldemort support, [5], [6]) which I'm unsure about. Are these even
still up to date?

Based on that, my suggestion is to execute the renaming once OGM-208 has
been resolved. Any thoughts?

--Gunnar

[1] https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-248
[2] https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/pull/211