[hibernate-dev] Create OSGi integration test project for all of Hibernate?

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Dec 13 09:54:04 EST 2013

I think it sounds great... in theory.  But I believe you will hit the
matrix problem Emmanuel discusses.

However, I also want to make sure we are not removing "smoke tests" from
the projects themselves.  I don't care what you call them: smoke tests,
integration tests, unit tests, regression tests, etc. But there needs to
be tests in ORM (for example) that ensure that basic OSGi functionality
is not broken when we make changes.  More importantly, these tests are
needed for contributors so they can verify that they are not breaking
something when they make changes. Expecting them to check out some
"other project" for "full testing" is simply unreasonable.  Of course
this means making these tests stable.