[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search: Transactions timeout on MassIndexer

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 23 09:54:52 EST 2013

Thanks that explains why I was missing the correlation.
To avoid the transaction manager to kill our indexing process, I guess
our only answer today is to reconfigure the transactions manager to
use larger timeouts?

That's quite limiting, especially as it requires to change it
globally; ideally I'd want to ping the TM regularly to let it know
we're still busy (and doing fine) ?

I couldn't find a method to do that by looking at the standard
javax.transaction API, so I'm wondering if we should take advantage of
some proprietary extensions.
Other than that, on the standard API I see we could set the TX timeout
for this specific transaction; we should probably add a new option to
the MassIndexer API to have the user suggest a
very-high-but-reasonable timeout?

Sanne