[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Transactions in Neo4j datastore

Davide D'Alto daltodavide at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:08:02 EST 2013

Hi,
I'm working at the integration between OGM and Neo4j.

Neo4j is fully transactional and it requires to open a transaction
before the execution of any operation on the DB.
To integrate this mechanism with OGM I've created the class
Neo4jJtaPlatform.java[1] that extends AbstractJtaPlatform and it's
registered using the configuration parameter
hibernate.transaction.jta.platform
If I'm correct, while this solution is working, it requires the
application to manage transactions using the Neo4j transaction
manager. Are there alternatives to this approach?

The related pull request can be found at
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/pull/132

Thanks,
Davide

[1] https://github.com/DavideD/hibernate-ogm/blob/2b6588998673bce8a9ccd973f693d7fe091e8c9c/hibernate-ogm-neo4j/src/main/java/org/hibernate/ogm/dialect/neo4j/Neo4jJtaPlatform.java