[hibernate-dev] Hibernate timeout issue

Teresa Batista Neto teresa.batista.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:18:47 EST 2013

Dear all,

I'm having problems adding hibernate timeout. Sessions are not closed after
timeout. One of the requirements is not to use connection pool.

Below you can find a brief summary of our specification requirements.

- User logins in the web application using his own oracle database account;
- The web application only needs to access one database schema;
- The access rights are managed using oracle roles and grant privilegies;
- Only one database schema and multiple user oracle accounts;
- We only set the username and password when users tries to login in the
web application;
- The EntityManagerFactory is created using the username and password of
the user.

I tried to add the following lines but the sessions are not closed after
the timeout.

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.min_size">0</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">1</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.timeout">1800</property> ==> 30 minutes only
for test propose
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_statements">0</property>

Any ideas on how can I solve this problem?

Best regards,
Teresa