[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Geo queries in ElasticSearch

Nicolas Helleringer nicolas.helleringer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:21:25 EDT 2013

The difficulty in this is that unlike other facets counts those are to
be dynamically computed.

The current facet systems (either native Lucene or Hibernate ones) are
using the Lucen Token reverse
indexes performance to compute the facets on queries results that can
be very large.

This cannot be done here as the distance to the search center is dynamic.
If you have a query with 10k result and you display only the first ten
results as first page and to strengthen
the search you want geo facets then you have to compute distance on
all the 10k results to produce that.
On the performance PoV this will fail.

Niko