[hibernate-dev] Marking API members as incubating

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 11 05:03:48 EDT 2013

On 10 Jan 2013, at 6:13 PM, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> I remember a few discussion where something like that has been
> contemplated. One thing that made us not do it AFAIR is that we would
> need some kind of shared project to host this across ORM, OGM, SEARCH
> etc. In the past we have deemed it not worth it.

I don't think that a shared project is required. You could add the annotation to the main
source tree. If the retention is source you just have to exclude it from the generated jar.
However, as said in my previous email, I am wondering whether to make this really useful
for users, the retention would need to be runtime. In this case one would almost have to add
the annotation to the project sources, since we would otherwise create a new runtime
dependency.

--Hardy