[hibernate-dev] JPA API jar

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 26 14:20:39 EDT 2013

I do not agree with needing to see this in the artifact name.  I can see
putting it in the metadata (pom, manifest, etc) in addition to Jira.

'draft' does in deed fit into the chronology scheme defined by JBoss.
Except that 'draft' is not defined as a valid value.

Here is another thing to consider.  The first one I did was Draft-6
iirc.  Whatever, it was not Draft-1 is my point.  So if I see
'hibernate-jpa-api:2.1.0.Draft6' I immediately wonder where are 1-5.
Same when you combine.  So say I have Draft-6 but the next release I cut
has Drafts 7 and 8.  So I presume there you'd suggest
'hibernate-jpa-api:2.1.0.Draft8' there right?  What happened to Draft 7?

Anyway, Andy started a conversation with other "spec api" owners to try
and get a consensus.  I think consistency would be better.