[hibernate-dev] Mistake in the JUnit3 cleanup

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 31 08:45:58 EDT 2013

> It's a tradeoff, it's not the end of the world if this module doesn't
> compile for day.
> On the other hand I run the build dozens of times a day, quite happy
> it takes just 2 minutes, which is not possible with the performance
> tests.

I think we have to differentiate here. I am not saying that the performance
tests need to run all the time, however, I would like the test classes to
at least getting compiled to detect simple compilation errors.

Right now the performance module is completely deactivated until
a certain profile is selected. IMO the performance module should be
part of the default module list and what should be turned on and off
via the profile is the actual test run. This way at least the sources get
compiled and the costs for that should be quite small.

> Another approach would be to move those tests into a different
> repository;

I don't think this is necessary

--Hardy