[hibernate-dev] [hsearch] JSON version of Hibernate Search query

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 13 04:54:27 EDT 2013

On 13 Jan 2013, at 8:47 AM, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Would creating a "real" query language instead of a serialized object
> representation make sense then?

You mean the Lucene query language -  http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html ;-)
In the end it comes down to that.

What would the purpose of a new query language be? I guess it would be more object centric, but is this relevant for a user?

> This would allow for a conciser syntax, making it easier to write (that's
> why I asked who would be writing such queries), but probably it'd be more
> work to create such a language. I guess a sub-set of JPQL would work for
> some parts, but additional elements would be needed for facets etc.

I just don't see users of a finished app being exposed to such query functionality.
I see the JSON representation just as a way to serialise the query. To which means I am not sure at the moment.

--Hardy