[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Embedded MongoDB for tests

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Jun 27 09:38:19 EDT 2013

On 27 Jan 2013, at 3:23 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> I heard good praises about this project, so it might be good, but I'd
> be concerned that we're not testing the real thing.

I thought it is running the real thing. It is not mocking mongo, it is just a wrapper to
download/install/start/stop a mongo instance.

> Considering that installing a MongoDB installation takes seconds, I
> don't see a big win in using it, while there is a potential list of
> trouble.

It is about automation. I guess you might be able to script the mongo install as well
w/o EmbedMongo. Really it is not much different to automatically downloading your
AS instance for unit testing.

--Hardy