[hibernate-dev] ValidationMode

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Mar 4 09:01:04 EST 2013

Partially.  What it also says is too perform double checking (callback
and db constraints) when BV is present.

I guess the reason you want to allow both is because we do not (and
really can not) convert all validations to db contraints.

My point is just that Set<ValidationMode> seems total overkill when
there is exactly (at best) one valid combination of options.  Could
more easily have been handled with using the JPA validation mode
setting as per spec (not our special treatment of it) *plus* a custom
setting that says to convert validations to ddl contraints whenever
possible.